WR Gerell Robinson, Arizona State
Gerell Robinson, #8
6'3", 223 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 77 receptions, 1397 yards, 7 TD
2010: 29 receptions, 387 yards, 5 TD
2009: 26 receptions, 261 yards
2008: 3 receptions, 26 yards
- Has the size and the build that gets scouts very intrigued.
- Dynamic run-after-catch ability. Can spin out of tackles and keep momentum moving forward.
- Good awareness on third downs to roll with the quarterback and camp out at the first down line versus the zone.
- Not a polished receiver, will fight the ball on occasion.
- Below average blocker in the run game.
- Holds the ball very loosely after receptions. It gets knocked out a bunch.
- Turns 23 in October.
- Was a quarterback, running back and wideout at Hamilton High School.
- Had 13 catches for 241 yards and a TD in his final collegiate game vs. Boise State.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- This is a conservative projection for him, only because I need to see how he runs in Indianapolis. If he gets in to the sub-4.5 territory, I think his stock will increase a lot considering he's still young in to the game as a full-time wideout. He's definitely a sleeper pick, that's for sure. If he runs well, watch out.
Tags : Topics : SportsSocial : SportsLocations : Arizona, Indianapolis, Phoenix