- Great size for the position.
- In 2010, showed elite ball skills in going up and meeting the ball at it's highest point, adjusting to poorly thrown passes and maximizing potential yards by catching it in motion.
- Isn't afraid to go over the middle and initiate contact after a catch has been made.
- In 2010, Good acceleration once the ball is in his hands.
- Good run blocker.
- In November 2010, suffered a devastating knee injury, a torn patella tendon, that has kept him from regaining the success from his sophomore and junior seasons. Just didn't look the same this past year.
- Doesn't have the greatest speed initially off the line of scrimmage. Has to get going to find that burst.
- Turns 22 in March.
Projection: 6th to 7th round
- Obviously, the big question with Childs is going to be whether or not he can regain the form he had before the injury. I think some team will look at what he did in his junior season and give him a shot for that reason alone. If he does regain it, that team has a potential starting wide receiver with elite ball skills. If he doesn't, it's just a late-round pick. Some team will be willing to take the chance. If he didn't suffer the injury, I think he could have been drafted in the first two rounds.