WR Jermaine Kearse, Washington
Jermaine Kearse, #15
6'0", 212 lbs., 21 years old
2011: 47 receptions, 699 yards, 7 TD
2010: 63 receptions, 1005 yards, 12 TD
2009: 50 receptions, 866 yards, 8 TD
2008: 20 receptions, 301 yards, 2 TD
- Smooth, smooth, smooth. His ability shown to confuse cornerbacks with double moves and at the top of his breakdowns is very impressive.
- Awareness of how to get open when a play breaks down. Gives the QB a good angle to get him the ball.
- Always seems in control with the ball in his hands.
- No injury history at Washington.
- Average to below average speed for a wide receiver.
- Blocking in the run game leaves a little to be desired.
- Average height may cause him to be selected later.
- Turns 22 in February
- Stats dropped with graduation of Jake Locker after 2010.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- I really, really like the way Kearse runs his routes. It's very deceptive because you don't think he has the speed to beat you deep and then he hits you with a double move. Ultimately, his timed speed and height may bog down his draft stock, but I think he will be drafted regardless.