Joe Adams, #3
5'10", 177 lbs., 22 years old
Little Rock, AR
2011: 54 catches, 652 yards, 3 TD - 19 punt returns, 321 yards, 4 TD
2010: 50 catches, 813 yards, 6 TD - 16 punt returns, 249 yards, 1 TD
2009: 29 catches, 568 yards, 7 TD
2008: 31 catches, 377 yards, 1 TD
- An electric playmaker in open space. After a catch Adams has the ability to make people look foolish.
- Maybe not elite speed, but he has great speed.
- One of -- if not the best -- punt returner in college football in 2011.
- Can be deceptive in his routes because of opponents trying to compensate for his speed. One juke and head fake has caused a defender to head upfield in one direction, and Adams goes the other.
- Size is way below average for a wide receiver.
- Has a nasty tendency of dropping passes that should be caught. Dropped three would-be huge plays against Ohio State in the 2010 Sugar Bowl.
- Turns 23 in November.
Projection: 4th to 5th round
- Adams' speed and playmaking ability makes him someone to watch for in the middle of the draft. He falls because of the lack of polish as a receiver. The punt returning skills is what will keep him on team's boards and in the NFL.