Marvin McNutt, #7
6'2", 216 lbs., 22 years old
St. Louis, MO
2011: 82 catches, 1315 yards, 12 TD
2010: 53 catches, 861 yards, 8 TD
2009: 34 catches, 674 yards, 8 TD
2008: 1 catch, 11 yards
- A big wide receiver. Height-weight may not read that way, but he has broad shoulders and just looks a bit bulkier than others at the position.
- Good top-end speed for a player with that frame.
- Can make a highlight-reel catch, often on poorly thrown passes. Does well at adjusting to the throw.
- Still very young in to learning the nuances of the position.
- For every highlight-reel catch there seems to be five bobbled catches or drops. Doesn't trust his hands all the way, and ends up tipping the ball up to himself because he didn't catch it on the first go-round.
- Not a very good burst off the line of scrimmage. Looks slow and prodding off the line.
- Still a ways to go on his route running.
- Turns 23 in July.
- Recruited, and spent the first year of college, as a quarterback. Switched to WR before his sophomore season.
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- McNutt's undoing will be a failure to complete the catch on his first effort. He needs to hit the jug machine every day until the NFL Combine to try and show teams that it's not as big of a problem as it looks from footage of his games. Still some interesting pieces to work with, though.