Nick Toon, #1
6'1", 213 lbs., 23 years old
2011: 64 receptions, 926 yards, 10 TD
2010: 36 receptions, 459 yards, 3 TD
2009: 54 receptions, 805 yards, 4 TD
2008: 17 receptions, 257 yards, TD
- A very good and physical route runner when he wants to. Deceptive in and out of his breakdown, disguising the remainder of his route.
- Good at getting off press coverage.
- Willing to go over the middle for a reception and take a big hit.
- Able to go up and snatch a ball out of the air with defender(s) draped all over him.
- Not explosive, and has average speed for a wide receiver.
- Can knock over some defenders in run blocking once in a while, but mostly struggles in this area.
- Loafs in his routes from time to time.
- Suffered a "significant" foot injury according to SI's Tony Pauline.
- Turns 24 in November.
- Father, Al Toon, was a first round pick of the New York Jets in 1985 and played eight seasons there.
Projection: 6th to 7th round
- Toon has the skill-set to be a nice, complimentary receiver that can start for a team and bring in some big catches when necessary. Not a game-breaker, however. This all comes with the distinction that he'll need time to heal. His stock will likely fall a few rounds because of the injury. Would have been a 2nd rounder in my opinion.