Ryan Broyles, #85
5'10", 188 lbs., 23 years old
2011: 83 receptions, 1157 yards, 10 TD
2010: 131 receptions, 1622 yards, 14 TD
2009: 89 receptions, 1120 yards, 15 TD
2008: 46 receptions, 687 yards, 6 TD
- Meets the ball at its highest point. Very good at maximizing the probability in going up for a ball in that respect.
- Has very good hands. Dependable.
- Terrific concentration on tipped passes and even ropes some of them in.
- Has a nice double move that caused defender sitting in zone to chip him and take penalty.
- Suffered a torn ACL in November, currently rehabbing from the injury. Likely won't be able to do any pre-draft workouts.
- Size, both height and weight, are below average.
- Good, but not great speed. Needed the elite speed to make up for his size.
- Has the "system wide receiver" label on him.
- Turns 24 in April
Projection: 5th to 6th round
- The only way Broyles would be able to shed any of the labels against him would be to compete in the pre-draft workouts and prove doubters wrong. But with the torn ACL, it may very well bury his hopes of being a draft pick on the first two days. He has a spot in the league, more as a depth player than a starter that's depended on every week.