Stephen Hill, #5
6'4", 208 lbs., 20 years old
2011: 28 receptions, 820 yards, 5 TD
2010: 15 receptions, 291 yards, 3 TD
2009: 6 receptions, 137 yards, TD
- Measurables are great. Elite size, good speed and a big-time vertical. And, he's only 20 years old.
- The mystery surrounding what he can potentially do in an NFL offense.
- Can make highlight-reel catches with one hand, has receptions on a deep post over the middle that he had to lay out for. Impressive footage when they actually threw the ball.
- Certainly used to run blocking.
- Didn't have to run many complicated routes in the triple option offensive attack.
- May need to bulk up a bit.
- Make or break day at the NFL Combine.
- Turns 21 in April.
- Set the Georgia state record in high school in 2008 with a long jump of 25 feet, 8 3/4 inches. According to his bio, that long jump would have won the 2009 ACC Outdoor Championship by 2.75 inches, and would have been ninth at the 2008 Olympics.
Projection: 2nd to 3rd round
- First Calvin Johnson, then Demaryius Thomas -- it just seems like these 6-foot-4 freak athlete wide receivers just grow on trees at Georgia Tech, doesn't it? The NFL Combine will be a big series of days for Hill. If he runs a good time, and more importantly, runs polished routes, then his stock could soar. I eagerly await seeing him in person, and I'm sure most NFL scouts say the same.