WR A.J. Jenkins, Illinois
A.J. Jenkins, #8
6'0", 192 lbs., 22 years old
2011: 90 receptions, 1276 yards, 8 TD
2010: 56 receptions, 746 yards, 7 TD
2009: 10 receptions, 123 yards, TD
2008: 11 receptions, 287 yards, 3 TD
- As sure-handed as they come. Meets the ball at it's highest point. Able to extend his arms outside his frame and get the ball. One of the better hands-catchers in the draft.
- Toughness to hold on to the ball even after a big hit.
- Very good vertical for his size. Can go up and get it.
- Above average speed.
- Smaller frame. May have to bulk up a little bit.
- More physical corners may be able to jam him at the line and disrupt the timing of his route.
- On poorly thrown balls, he needs to get a bit better at becoming a defender.
- Turns 23 in September.
- Also recruited by Florida, South Carolina, Miami (FL) and Florida State out of high school.
- Had 12 catches for 268 yards and 3 TD against rival Northwestern in 2011.
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- I came in to watching footage of Jenkins with low expectations, and came out thoroughly impressed. Although his size will be thought of a hinderance to some, if you watch him play you'll see he plays bigger than he is. He could rise with a good week in Indianapolis.