Matt Reynolds, #70
6'4", 310 lbs., 25 years old
- Four-year starter at left tackle for the Cougars.
- Smart and technically sound, shows good balance. He trusts his instincts.
- A very good blocker in the run game, draws his man in on outside runs and seals the edge to give his runner a crease.
- Shows ability to battle off the hand-to-hand combat from defenders.
- May not be athletic enough to play left tackle in the NFL.
- Struggles with speed rushers. Not quick enough to get out of his stance to combat the speed at times.
- Age is an issue. If he were dominant and shows a big upside (Ex. Danny Watkins from 2011), then teams might be able to overlook it.
- Turns 26 in May.
- 52 total starts.
Projection: 3rd to 4th round
- Reynolds looks more like a guard than anything else, but is savvy enough at tackle to play the position if needed. Age and less athleticism than some of his other tackle brethren combine for him being taken in the middle of the draft rather than higher.