Friday, players and media reacted to the loss of more games.
NHL Players' Association Executive Director Donal Fehr released a statement expressing his frustration:
"This is deeply disappointing for all hockey fans and everyone who makes their living from hockey, including the players," said Fehr. "But it comes as no surprise."
Veteran Tampa Bay forward Martin St. Louis explained his frustration to the Tampa Bay Times:
"I'm shaking my head every time I wake up. We're telling everybody we're going to go to 50 percent, let's share responsibility to get there. They don't want that. Again, they want to hit us. It's us, 24 percent last time and now 12 percent, and doing that when the game has grown the most, it's tough to take."
"Nobody is crying poor here, and I think it's hard for the fans to understand that. But it's about when there's a problem we have to fix it all the time and they don't want to take responsibility, too."
Devils forward Krys Barch Twitter ranted:
"I call (expletive) on Bill Daly's Statement today! Their was No fair 50/50 split. These guys need to be nominated for an Oscar!"
Minnesota Wild defenseman Ryan Suter, who signed a huge off-season contract thinks the owners were disingenuous in signing players this summer.
"They sign all these guys and some guys were signed within the last week before the CBA was up. Now, they're trying to go back on their word. It's frustrating," Suter said.
Owners and players do not have any meetings currently scheduled.