These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by the Entercom companies and radio stations listed on Attachment A at the end of these rules (each, a “Station” and collectively, the “Stations”). A copy of these specific contest rules are available at each of the Stations’ studios during regular business hours and on each of the Stations’ websites. A complete list of addresses and websites for the Stations are listed on Attachment A.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in each Stations’ individual written general contest rules, these official contest rules govern this particular contest in the event of any conflict.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
2.Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Stations, contest sponsors and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and management/tour companies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners, siblings (half and full) and the steps of each of the foregoing) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
How to Enter & How to Win
3.To enter, weekdays only from February 25, 2013 at 6:00AM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant is located in) through March 29, 2013 at 4:10PM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant is located in), listen to one of the participating Stations at approximately 6:00AM, 10:00AM, 1:00PM and 4:00PM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant/Station is located in) for the specified contest Keyword. The Keyword may be announced on any particular Station (and vary from Station to Station and from play to play) anywhere between five minutes before the hour until eight minutes after the hour.
4.When the Keyword is announced entrants must text that specific Keyword to shortcode 72881. Entries for each play of the contest will be accepted only until ten minutes after the hour (as applicable: 6:10AM, 10:10AM, 1:10PM and 4:10PM (Pacific Time, regardless of the time zone the entrant is located in)). Only texts received at the preceding shortcode are eligible to participate in this contest. Texts to other Station shortcodes will not be valid entries in this contest.
5.The Keyword will be different for each play of the contest (4 plays per contesting weekday).
6.Contestants can enter/text as many times at they like – there is no limit on entries.
7.Following each play of the contest (later that same day), one (1) winner (subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these contest rules) will be randomly selected in a drawing from among all entries received nationally (see below) for that play of the contest. There will be a total of up to four (4) national winners daily for each contest weekday.
8.Potential Winner will be notified at the telephone number from which he or she texted the entry from within 24 business hours of being selected.
9.Any entry texted with an incorrect Keyword for that play of the contest or sent more than ten minutes after the top of the hour for that play of the contest will be automatically disqualified without notice.
10.Standard message & data rates may apply and fees may apply even for any bounce-back message you receive – check with your carrier before entering.
11.Entrants may receive bounce back texts from Stations with information about subsequent plays of the contest but they will receive no “extra” information that is not otherwise available to the public.
12.WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
13.Up to one-hundred (100) prizes will be awarded in this contest (up to 4 winners per day x 25 contesting weekdays). Each verified Winner(s) in this contest will each receive a $1,000 company check, which will be mailed to each verified winner within 8 weeks of Stations’ receipt of all required completed documents and information.
14.Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, the Winner(s) will not be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station representatives and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements) have been completed by the pending Winner within the required deadlines.
15.Prize will be released to Winner only. Winner is required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to be eligible to receive any prize. Winner may be required, in Stations’ sole discretion, to sign one or more a Liability Release Agreements relieving the Stations, Sponsors, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents from any and all liability with respect to participation in this contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign such Releases and/or provide a social security number or complete or provide any other documents required by the Stations by the deadline required by Station representative will forfeit any and all contest prizes. Station reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
16.No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
17.Prize not claimed by the deadline set by the Stations or Sponsors, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Stations. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Stations’ Management.
18.Winner is responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won in this contest.
19.Stations reserve the right to (but not the obligation) to post some or all winner information on the Stations’ websites or social networking sites.
20.The sponsors of this contest are the Entercom companies listed on Attachment A.
Odds of Winning
21.Odds of winning depend upon number of texts received for each play of the contest.
Other General Rules that Apply to this Contest ___________________________
22.Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these rules or stated on-air or otherwise by the Stations or Sponsors, in no event are the Stations required to confirm eligibility or eliminate ineligible entrants prior to conducting the random drawing. In the event that the selected Winner is determined to be ineligible at any time, he/she will be disqualified and not entitled to any prize in this contest. In such event, Stations randomly select an alternative Winner from among all other entries received, time permitting.
23.All entries become the property of the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest and, in Stations’ sole discretion on a case by case basis, banned from any future participation in any Stations contest (which Stations decision may not be disputed or appealed). Incomplete or illegible entries may be disqualified in Stations’ sole discretion.
24.In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the text message account on the date of entry will be the recognized user. Participants acknowledge that messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, Station cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. Participants acknowledge that, depending on the recipient’s mobile provider service, it may not be possible to transmit the message to the recipient successfully. Station does not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. Station does not charge a fee for this service. It is each Participant’s responsibility to check with their individual carrier, as other charges may apply. BE ADVISED THAT IN SOME CASES, TEXTS TO THE STATION WILL RESULT IN ONE OR MORE AUTOMATIC BOUNCE BACK MESSAGES, FOR WHICH PARTICIPANTS MAY INCUR A FEE FROM THEIR PROVIDER. Station assumes no responsibility for charges incurred for text-messaging, including, without limitation, as a result of any bounce back messages or contest notices from the Station.
25.Use of robotic, mechanical or other forms of pre-programmed entry methods is NOT prohibited. Stations do not intend to monitor or disqualify any contest entry on the basis of the use of such manipulation tools. Notwithstanding the foregoing, entrants are not entitled to use such manipulation tools and Stations reserve the right (in its sole discretion), from time to time, to implement entry processes that may frustrate or prohibit such automated entry; provided, however, that no contestant in any contest may rely upon or insist upon Stations’ failure or refusal to take any of the foregoing actions or to determine, in its sole discretion, that one entrant’s entry should be discounted because another entrant’s entry was or vice versa.
26.Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of the Station will be final as to all matters, including, without limitation, whether any Keyword texted is correct or not. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Stations. the “best” or most desirable (based on any lawful criteria Station deems desirable).
27.With respect to notification of potential winners in this contest, Station will only be required to leave one telephone message or send one text message to the number used to enter this contest. If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any potential winner more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all potential winners an equal number of times or in the same communication manner.
28.By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby agree and each entrant hereby remises, releases and forever discharges and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Stations, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the promotion, contest, and/or event from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the said promotion, contest, and/or event and the receipt and use of any prize(s) awarded (if any) through such promotion, contest, and/or event arising in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to an act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by Stations, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the promotion, contest, and/or event.
29.By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consent to the Stations and contest sponsors’ usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast, online usage and for any other advertising and promotional purpose in any medium whatsoever without payment of any additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s, entry form or any other contest submissions. By entering or participating in any Station contest, entrants understand and agree that Stations may take photographs and/or videotape and/or audiotape any entrants participation, appearance and/or performance in connection with any Stations contest (before, during or after the contest) and that Stations will own any such photos, audio and/or video and shall be free to utilize such materials in any way it sees fit during or after the contest with no compensation to the entrants, including without limitation posting any such photographs, audio and/or videos on its website.
30.Stations and its sponsors are not responsible for any technical difficulties, technical malfunctions or errors (whether technical or typographical or human) experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, internet availability, electronic problems, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any of the websites, computer virus, bug, or other errors or corruptions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing or Stations from receiving (accurately or otherwise) a phone call, an email, accessing any website (including the Stations or any third party website), or for any problem associated with the Stations website or voting website or software, internet, telephone connections, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation, voting or prize claim in any way, regardless of the cause, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person’s computer, equipment, property, software or network related to or resulting from participating in a Station contest or visiting its websites (whether as an entrant, visitor or voter). Stations and its sponsors assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a Station Contest. Stations are not responsible for any printing errors or typographical errors. If, for any reason, in the sole opinion of Stations, the contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, system overload or any other causes, whether discovered or suspected by Stations, which, in sole opinion of the Stations, does or could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Contest, Stations reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest, and/or provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Stations deem appropriate under the circumstances. In the event of termination, suspension or modification of this contest, a notice will be posted online and announced on-air.
31.Stations and Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit the participation of an individual from any or all Station contests if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in the applicable Contest rules.
32.This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
33.Stations reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare the Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest and reserve the right to select a Winner from all eligible uncompromised entries (as it determines in its sole discretion) it received through the date it terminated the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice with selecting a Winner from all eligible entries it received up to the time Station concluded the Contest. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
34.Participants may be requested to provide Stations or Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized primary account user of the telephone number associated with the account/submission. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Station.
35.Winner’s List: For a winner list, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to any one of the Stations addresses listed above addressed to “Entercom National Text-2-Win Contest”. All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received by the Station(s) after the contest is over but prior to six (6) months after the contest has been concluded.
36. All times referred to in these contest rules are local Seattle, Washington time (Pacific time).
LIST OF PARTICIPATING ENTERCOM COMPANIES AND RADIO STATIONS
Entercom Austin, LLC d/b/a KAMX and KKMJ
- KAMX, 4301 Westbank Drive, Escalade B, 3rd Floor, Austin, TX 78746, www.mix947.com
- KKMJ, 4301 Westbank Drive, Escalade B, 3rd Floor, Austin, TX 78746, www.majic.com
Entercom Boston, LLC d/b/a WAAF, WEEI, WKAF, and WRKO
- WAAF, 20 Guest Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02135, www.waaf.com
- WEEI, 20 Guest Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02135, www.weei.com
- WRKO, 20 Guest Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02135, www.wrko.com
- WVEI, 181 Moreland Street, Worcester, MA 01609, www.weei.com
Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WBEN, WGR, WKSE, and WTSS
- WBEN, 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226, www.wben.com
- WGR, 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226, www.wgr500.com
- WKSE, 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226, www.kiss985.com
- WTSS, 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14226, www.mystar1025.com
Entercom Denver, LLC d/b/a KALC, KEZW, KOSI, and KQMT
- KALC, 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237, www.alice1059.com
- KEZW, 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237, www.studio1430.com
- KOSI, 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237, www.kosi101.com
- KQMT, 4700 South Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237, www.995themountain.com
Entercom Gainesville, LLC d/b/a WKTK, and WSKY
- WKTK, 3600 N.W. 43rd Street, Building B, Gainesville, FL 32606, www.ktk985.com
- WSKY, 3600 N.W. 43rd Street, Building B, Gainesville, FL 32606, www.thesky973.com
Entercom Greensboro, LLC d/b/a WPAW, WQMG, and WSMW
- WPAW, 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401, Greensboro, NC 27409, www.931wolfcountry.com
- WQMG, 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401, Greensboro, NC 27409, www.wqmg.com
- WSMW, 7819 National Service Road, Suite 401, Greensboro, NC 27409, www.987simon.com
Entercom Greenville, LLC d/b/a WFBC, WORD, WROQ, WSPA, and WTPT
- WFBC, 25 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC, 29615, www.b937online.com
- WORD, 25 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC, 29615, www.newsradioword.com
- WROQ, 25 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC, 29615, www.wroq.com
- WSPA, 25 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC, 29615, www.magic989online.com
- WTPT, 25 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC, 29615, www.newrock933.com
Entercom Indianapolis, LLC, d/b/a WZPL
- WZPL, 9245 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46260, www.wzpl.com
Entercom Kansas City, LLC d/b/a KCSP, KMBZ, KQRC, KRBZ, KZPT, and WDAF
- KCSP, 7000 Squibb Road, Mission, KS 66202, www.610sports.com
- KMBZ, 7000 Squibb Road, Mission, KS 66202, www.kmbz.com
- KQRC, 7000 Squibb Road, Mission, KS 66202, www.989therock.com
- KRBZ, 7000 Squibb Road, Mission, KS 66202, www.965thebuzz
- KZPT, 7000 Squibb Road, Mission, KS 66202, www.997thepoint.com
- WDAF, 7000 Squibb Road, Mission, KS 66202, www.1065thewolf.com
Entercom Madison, LLC d/b/a WMHX, WMMM, and WOLX
- WMHX, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53719, www.mix1051fm.com
- WMMM, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53719, www.1055triplem.com
- WOLX, 7601 Ganser Way, Madison, WI 53719, www.wolx.com
Entercom Memphis, LLC d/b/a WKQK, WMC-FM, WMFS and WRVR
- WKQK, 1835 Moriah Woods Boulevard, Building #1, Memphis, TN 38117, www.941kqk.com
- WMFS, 1835 Moriah Woods Boulevard, Building #1, Memphis, TN 38117, www.espn929.com
- WMC-FM, 1835 Moriah Woods Boulevard, Building #1, Memphis, TN 38117, www.fm100memphis.com
- WRVR, 1835 Moriah Woods Boulevard, Building #1, Memphis, TN 38117, www.1045theriver.com
Entercom Milwaukee, LLC d/b/a WMYX, WSSP, and WXSS
- WMYX, 11800 West Grange Avenue, Hales Corner, WI 53130, www.991themix.com
- WSSP, 11800 West Grange Avenue, Hales Corner, WI 53130, www.sportsradio1250.com
- WXSS, 11800 West Grange Avenue, Hales Corner, WI 53130, www.1037kissfm.com
Entercom New Orleans, LLC d/b/a WEZB, WKBU, WLMG, and WWL
- WEZB, 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130, www.b97.com
- WKBU, 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130, www.bayou957.com
- WLMG, 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130, www.magic1019.com
- WWL, 400 Poydras Street, 8th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70130, www.wwl.com
Entercom Norfolk, LLC d/b/a WNVZ, WPTE, WVKL, and WWDE
- WNVZ, 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, www.z104.com
- WPTE, 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, www.pointradio.com
- WVKL, 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, www.957rnb.com
- WWDE, 236 Clearfield Avenue, Suite 206, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, www.2wd.com
Entercom Portland, LLC, d/b/a KFXX, KGON, KNRK, KRSK, KWJJ, and KYCH
- KFXX, 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239, www.1080thefan.com
- KGON, 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239, www.kgon.com
- KNRK, 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239, www.947.fm
- KRSK, 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239, www.1051thebuzz.com
- KWJJ, 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239, www.thewolfonline.com
- KYCH, 0700 S.W. Bancroft Street, Portland, OR 97239, www.charliefm.com
Entercom Providence, LLC d/b/a WVEI
- WVEI, 475 Kilvert Street, Warwick, RI 02886, www.weei.com
Entercom Rochester, LLC d/b/a WBEE, WBZA, WCMF, WPXY, and WROC
- WBEE, 70 Commercial Street, Rochester, NY 14614, www.wbee.com
- WBZA, 70 Commercial Street, Rochester, NY 14614, www.rochesterbuzz.com
- WCMF, 70 Commercial Street, Rochester, NY 14614, www.wcmf.com
- WPXY, 70 Commercial Street, Rochester, NY 14614, www.98pxy.com
- WROC, 70 Commercial Street, Rochester, NY 14614, www.sportsradio950espn.com
Entercom Sacramento, LLC d/b/a KBZC, KDND, KKDO, KRXQ, and KSEG
- KBZC, 5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841, www.star1065.com
- KDND, 5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841, www.endonline.com
- KKDO, 5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841, www.radio947.net
- KRXQ, 5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841, www.krxq.net
- KSEG, 5345 Madison Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95841, www.eagle969.com
Entercom San Francisco, LLC d/b/a KBLX, KGMZ, KOIT, and KUFX
- KBLX, 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103, www.kblx.com
- KGMZ, 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103, www.957thegame.com
- KOIT, 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103, www.koit.com
- KUFX, 201 Third Street, Suite 1200, San Francisco, CA 94103, www.kfox.com
Entercom Seattle, LLC d/b/a KISW, KKWF, KMTT, and KNDD
- KISW, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1650, Seattle, WA 98101, www.kisw.com
- KKWF, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1650, Seattle, WA 98101, www.seattlewolf.com
- KMTT, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1650, Seattle, WA 98101, www.1037themountain.com
- KNDD, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1650, Seattle, WA 98101, www.1077theend.com
Entercom Springfield, LLC d/b/a WVEI
- WVEI, 1350 Main Street, Suite 1206, Springfield, MA 01103, www.weei.com
Entercom Wichita, LLC d/b/a KDGS, KEYN, and KFBZ
- KDGS, 2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208, www.power939.com
- KEYN, 2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208, www.keyn.com
- KFBZ, 2120 N. Woodlawn, Suite 352, Wichita, KS 67208, www.1053thebuzz.com
Entercom Wilkes-Barre, LLC d/b/a WGGY, WILK, and WKRZ
- WGGY, PO Box 729, 305 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640, www.froggy101.com
- WILK, PO Box 729, 305 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640, www.wilknewsradio.com
- WKRZ, PO Box 729, 305 Highway 315, Pittston, PA 18640, www.985krz.com