(WGR 550) -- One of the biggest questions of the off-season from fans have revolved around Buffalo Bills' free agent to be Andy Levitre. With so little time until free agency begins, there has been plenty of intrigue from the league regarding the Bills' left guard, and it might prove to be quite the challenge to get him re-signed.
Here are the teams with reported interest in Levitre, who has started all 64 regular season games over the past four seasons:
- It's been a slow process with Levitre and the Bills. Telling Tim Graham of The Buffalo News on March 1 that he hadn't even received an offer from Buffalo to that point, it wasn't until Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports mentioned the Bills, along with the Colts and Titans as teams in a game of musical chairs with Levitre and San Diego guard Louis Vasquez. Other than that, all has been quiet on the Levitre/Buffalo front.
- The Titans look to be one of the strongest candidates to land Levitre this off-season. Trusted beat writer Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean has been mentioning Levitre's name with the Titans for quite some time, then reported that the Titans were one of a "mix of teams" that are interested in. Then, Peter King of Sports Illustrated dropped a huge tidbit on Levitre. King wrote on Monday that the Titans would likely "go out hard" after Levitre during the opening hours of free agency. King also points out the Titans have roughly $19 million to spend on the 2013 salary cap.
San Diego Chargers
- With the rumors very short on the Chargers and Levitre, this is more of a logical fit than anything. First, the rumor: Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune wrote on Twitter that the Chargers have indeed expressed interest in Levitre. On the logical side? Levitre is a Santa Cruz, CA native, which is roughly a seven-hour drive down to San Diego. He's a California guy both born and raised. Levitre's positional coach for the last three seasons, Joe D'Alessandris, got hired by the Chargers this off-season to run their offensive line. If San Diego brings enough dough, perhaps they could find themselves on the short list for Levitre.
- Big on cap space in 2013, the Colts are in need of a guard to help protect Andrew Luck for the forseeable future. The Colts have also been linked to Chargers guard Louis Vasquez, and are said to be in this round of "musical chairs" (Jason Cole) with the Bills and Titans for guards. If the Colts don't land Levitre, it looks like the Colts could have a good shot to land Vasquez, which would leave Buffalo without a seat.
- Adding one more team to the list, the Bears are "expected to be included" on the list of teams inquiring about Levitre's services. Adam Jahns of The Chicago Sun-Times repoted that on Friday, March 8. Since then, the Levitre-to-Bears talk has been somewhat quiet. The newspaper has also reported the Bears are showing interest in guards Brandon Moore, Kevin Boothe and Ramon Foster.
As you can see, there is no shortage for interest in Andy Levitre. While a return to the Bills isn't ruled out by any means, the closer we get to the start of free agency, the less likely it seems.